At American Wood, we want furniture shopping to be easy, and that can sometimes include making returns easy too. If you are unhappy with your item, simply contact us within 14 days of delivery to return your furniture and we’ll setup a time to pick it up. Because we offer free delivery, a 30% restocking fee will be applied to the items exchanged or returned to cover the shipping costs.
Please note the following:
- Returns will only be accepted if requested within 14 days of delivery.
- Because our furniture is custom made when you place your order, we do not offer exchanges.
- Returns must be received in original condition and will not be accepted on any items that have any issues, damage or scratches that occurred after delivery.
- If an item arrives with defects or shipping damage, we will work with you to fix the issue or replace the piece at no cost to you. See our warranty here. However, if you want to return the item, the 30% restocking fee will still apply.
- Only purchases made directly from americanwood.com within the contiguous United States qualify for returns. We do not accept international returns or returns from Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.
- We are unable to accept returns on any merchandise that has been customized or altered in any way post-delivery.
- No returns can be made for natural variations in the wood, stain or finish.
- Any order cancelled after placement is subject to the 30% restocking fee, since building begins as soon as we receive an order.
- We cannot accept returns on any items that could not be delivered due to sizing issues (for example, it could not fit through the doorway or make it to your desired room).
- Credit card purchases will be refunded to the credit card used, once the piece has been delivered to our warehouse and inspected for damage.
- Gift cards cannot be returned. Items purchased using a gift card can be returned, but are subject to the 30% restocking fee. Funds will be returned to the gift card used for purchase.
- Stain sample purchases are final and cannot be returned.
- Final sale, clearance, non-refundable, custom or discontinued items are not eligible for return.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions regarding returns.